TMA Club has announced a new partnership with Swansea Building Society, giving Club members access to its wide range of residential, buy to let and holiday let mortgage products.
Swansea Building Society offers a tailored, common-sense approach to lending, and specialises in lending to the self-employed. With no credit scoring, the lender underwrites all cases manually.
The partnership means that TMA’s offering will now include Swansea Building Society’s recently expanded range of unique and highly competitive mortgage products. This includes its new Green Mortgage, aimed at incentivising energy-efficient homes. The product is available only on properties which have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of A or B, rewarding the purchasing of such homes with a lower interest rate.
Swansea Building Society has also recently increased loan to value amounts for buy to let and holiday let mortgages, launched new products for Limited Company buy to let and holiday let mortgages, and is now allowing portfolio landlord applications for the first time in its 99-year history.
Example highlights of the partnership for TMA brokers include:
- All cases are manually underwritten and assessed
- Self-employed borrowers with complex income sources will be accepted
- Properties with agricultural ties and small amounts of commercial use / properties with acreage will also be considered
- Mortgages that cover residential property with kennels, a cattery, a livery or holiday cottages attached to a property – provided it’s the applicant’s main residence
- No credit score needed for applications
Lisa Martin, Development Director at TMA, commented:
“With more and more advisers seeking guidance on underserved customers, such as the self-employed, the addition of Swansea Building Society is very timely and one which we know will provide added value. Swansea Building Society brings a different and refreshing approach to the market, and through this latest partnership, we will be able to continue providing our members with a wide range of products to suit each client’s needs.”